Dienstag, 4. Januar 2011

Insomnia & Noob socks, the first

So I couldn't sleep all night, was wide awake and when did the tiredness kick in? Right. During the weekly meeting at work (I work part-time besides classes to pay the bills). I barely could keep my eyes open and actually saw weird color flashes that shouldn't be there, insomnia-induced hallucinations. Wheee. I left work a hour and a half early because I was no longer able to read code, and it wasn't the code's fault. I somehow managed, through black magic or insane willpower, to get all  the tasks on  my list done though.

While I was wide awake, however, I started dabbling into the art of knitting socks. This is what resulted:

Sorry for the bad photo, I didn't have much time and now that I do the lighting is bad (and my camera sucks, it's one of these compact ones, so it doesn't have a decent flash), but you can see it's pretty colorful - the yarn is rainbow-colored, handdyed Opal. The pattern is just plain vanilla 2x2 rib for the cuff and stockinette, I'm following Silver's sock class. Let's see how this one comes along.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen