Donnerstag, 17. März 2011

Dyeing experiments

Wow, I haven't posted here in a while, I really ought to do it more often.

I started a pair of new Fawkes socks, in Drachenwolle sock yarn. The colorway, I think, is called "Feuer" (= Fire in English), which fits the pattern pretty well. Photos will follow as soon as the first sock is finished. The lace pattern on them is working out better than the scarf, as I don't keep losing stitches (I really ought to get markers for that scarf), and it's only a 12-row repeat over 15 stitches.

Other than that, I dyed yarn for the first time:



I'm not entirely happy with the results, nor with the base yarn - it's handspun 100% wool, and I thought I'd make a shawl or so out of it when I bought it online, but it's too scratchy. Meh. Maybe it'll work after soaking it in hair conditioner, though.
I did want to see how it knit up, so part of the blue and violet became a dice bag:


Well... I'll chalk this up to learning experience and try again I guess!

1 Kommentar:

  1. I always say: You win some and you lose some, I really like that yarn, but it's your yarn, use it however you see fit.